This project is aimed at strengthening communities’ capacities and operationalize district disaster management plans for gender sensitive DRR, disaster preparedness and response at district level.
• Formation and capacity building of 10 Disaster Management Committees (DMCs) (towards 50% women participation) in high risk areas of the UC Bahawalpur
• Hazard mapping, mitigation and preparedness plans at community level at 10 villages of the UC Bahawalpur District Dadu Sindh
• 10 Community awareness sessions on gender sensitive DRR and CBDRM for beneficiary groups that covers CBDRR, first aid, Community disaster preparedness plans and its implementation with 100 male and 50 female community.
• 03 Training of 50 selected (active) representatives of DMCs on identified needs (First Aid)
• Establishing communication channels (using local knowledge) to bridge gaps between communities and line agencies, government responsible for gender sensitive Early Warning System (EWS)
• Advocate for participation of local civil society organizations in DDMA meetings (preferably local National Humanitarian
• Support and facilitate DDMAs for emergency preparedness, coordination and contingency planning. District contingency plans submitted to respective PDMAs
• To hold sessions with district government to mainstreaming gender sensitive DRR in district development plans (NDMA/Planning Commission guidelines)
• Conduct capacity building of a gender sensitive disaster response (from need assessment to completion of response) and preparedness and DRR within Organization
• Incorporating/ mainstream gender sensitive DRR in all projects/ program both on-going and future by the Gorakh
• Gorakh develop and incorporate gender sensitive accountability