The position is responsible for receiving/welcoming visitors, operating telephone switchboard, receiving and despatching mails, and will also ensure cleanliness in the designated office, meeting rooms, washrooms, and Lunch area. S/he will perform secretarial duties such as typing, filing and record keeping and maintaining files of Administration Unit. The individual will also attend and takes minutes of meetings both in the office and at other locations, as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1: Administrative and Secretarial Duties:
• Receive visitors and inform the appropriate person. Escort the visitor to the office of the person expecting the visitor;
• Receive and transfer telephone calls;
• Make and record appointments;
• Maintain a calendar and book the meeting rooms as per request;
• Operate office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine, Laptop under her possession and make sure that they are in order and clean;
• Send and receive e-mails/faxes and direct them to the right person or department; File correspondence and other records;
• Receive, record and deliver incoming and outgoing mail;
• Type letters, memos, minutes, reports, etc and proof read documents;
• Provide secretarial support when there is a conference or workshop;
• Organize material for workshop and trainings;
• Coordinate with Admin and ensure stationery is available in sufficient quantity. Dispatch cheques to the vendors;
• Prepare and submit payments for Utility bills.
Job Responsibility #2: Assist the Administration officer and Supervision:
• Maintain the Administration department’s filling system and incoming/outgoing correspondence record keeping in an excel sheet.
• Supervise Office Assistants and ensure the quality and timeliness of all secretarial and clerical activities.
• Ensure that all offices/ rooms/ washrooms/ meeting rooms are clean and in order.
Job Responsibility #3: Manage Accommodation and other facilities for visitors:
• Arrangements for visitors including hotel booking, pick and drop to and from airport and hotel;
• Confirm tickets with the Airline agents for visitors.
Job Responsibility #4: Perform other incidental duties as assigned:
Required: Intermediate level degree.
Desired: BA Degree in Management or social sciences with or equivalent with similar experience .
Required: 2 to 3 years’ experience in administration, reception and secretarial works.
Desired: NGO experience
• Proven language proficiency in written/spoken English and in local language.
• Willingness to work under pressure
• Proficient in computer skills (MS word, Excel, Power Point);
• Internet browsing skills;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to communicate information accurately.
Respect, accountability, stress tolerance, collaboration, communicating with impact, adaptability, interpersonal skills, facilitating change, problem solving, customer focus, planning and organizing.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer; only individuals who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. Qualified females are encouraged to apply.