CARE International in Pakistan has Gender and Governance as its core programme and this has adequately reflected in its M&E plan, systems and tools. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the responsibilities of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer are to provide technical support to partner organizations in implementation of the G&G monitoring plan; Provide strategic advice on data collection, analyzing data collected through monitoring and evaluation, collect information from partner and produce quality reports and case studies linked with LRSP of CIP; Provide feedback on planning processes and ensures better data management system. The M&E Officer will support in setting up the project's M&E systems synchronizing with country office M&E system and will have responsibility for maintaining the data base and strengthening of the system, building capacity of CARE and Partners Organization staff. This includes collecting, compiling and analyzing relevant data specifically based on the program/project process, input, outcome and impact indicators. The incumbent will also contribute to document lessons learned as the projects evolve.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
The M&E Officer will set up the M&E System for all ongoing projects including Every Voice Counts, Humanitarian Response in NWA, emergency preparedness response, health and education projects, and will have ultimate responsibility for maintaining the system, strengthening the system over time and building capacity of Implementing partners’ (IP) staff to utilize it. This includes collecting, compiling and analyzing relevant data specifically based on the project indicators. The incumbent will also contribute to document lessons learned as the project evolves and share key lessons within and outside the organization.
Job Responsibility #1 Development of M&E system, tools, and processes:
• Set up a project M&E System that incorporates basic standards, tools designing, evaluations and assessment along with guidelines including CARE International Principles, DME (Design, Monitoring & Evaluation) Standards and Evaluation Policy, as well as standards promulgated by SPHERE, Code of Conduct, SMART principles, and other M&E relevant standards, systems and quality management processes are incorporated, time frames are clarified further, indicators and responsibilities are clear.
• Develop a project database at CO that ensures the availability of all required information based on project performance indicators aligned with central database of CIP.
• Set up and maintain a knowledge management system of the project that includes key project reporting and learning documents, M&E tools, tracking and reporting forms, monitoring reports, proposals, donor requirements and reports, evaluations and other program information.
Job Responsibility #2: Training and capacity building
• Plan and develop processes for assessing capacity building needs of Implementing Partners M&E and project staff.
• Conduct trainings and provide other technical assistance to build capacity of implementing partner staff in M&E (based on capacity building plans) i.e Qualitative and quantitative data collections, developing tailored monitoring plan, operating database systems
Job Responsibility #3: Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
• Facilitate field data collection processes for monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
• Support the IP to collect case studies, success stories and share it with internal and external audiences.
• Provide technical support to IP in setting up a system and process to collect key lessons of the project and disseminate it to the staff and implementing partners.
• Conduct field visits to CARE and implementing partner field offices periodically to assess progress toward achieving objectives, ensure program compliance and effective implementation according to work plans, M&E plans, and proposals; providing recommendations for improvement.
• Plan and coordinate project reviews, evaluations to be conducted internally or externally as required by project M&E plan.
• Ensure regular submission of program performance reports based on their Performance management regulations and LFA.
• Conduct quality control tests on all incoming data and supervise data entry and data cleaning/editing processes.
Job Responsibility #4: Proposal Development
• Participate in proposal development of CARE Pakistan (other projects), including developing log frames, M&E plans, Gantt charts and/or other tools for program design, monitoring and evaluation.
Job Responsibility #5: Other duties
• Keep up to date on CARE DME resources, M&E strategies, concepts, and best practices relevant to the field of DME of development; and other duties as assigned.
• The duties and responsibilities described above are subject to change, depending on the project needs and change in situation due to emergency.
Required: Master’s degree in Social Science, Statistics or other related field.
Desired: Knowledge of statistical software i.e. SPSS, MS Access Database.
Required: Minimum 3 – 5 years job-related experience.
Desired: Experience of working with National and International NGOs
• Highly organized, attention to detail and strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
• Computer skill particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, ACCESS, Power Point;
• Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
• Firm belief in quality, integrity, teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainability;
• Proficiency in English, both verbal and written.
• Being a Pushto speaker is a mandatory requirement.
Utilizing programming and statistical software (such as SPSS, etc.) to compile data and information for various systems, and knowledge of basic Participatory, Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation concepts and research tools.
Integrity, respect, accountability, courage, excellence, analytical ability, takes initiative, strong interpersonal skills, decision making, information monitoring, facilitating change, pro-active problem solving, planning & organizing.
The position will be based in Islamabad with frequent travel to FATA.
Demonstrated commitment to CARE's core values will be an essential requirement.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer; only individuals who are shortlisted will be contacted for a test/ interview.